Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on the road, less color in vehicles. All brands, silver and white.
Sitting at a light, nothing but gray/silver. In one mile, I counted 47 gray/silver, 2 black, one blue, and one red,

What happened to the color? There is none anymore.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
I noticed the same thing a couple years ago. And there is no chrome to speak of anymore, either. Boring
:sleep:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Boring, that, along with bad taste. It's everywhere.

Reactions: 69Z28 and Luwi67

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
It seems everyone wants to be the same, those colors have been predominant for a few years. Trends, a few years ago homes were tan, now gray is the color, cherry cabinets, now white. Clean shaven with hair, now beards and go tees and bald. . . . . .go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I can’t tell what brand most cars are anymore.
They all look like a Tupperware soap dish to me.

if you see one of the automotive distribution ports, it’s a sea of mostly black and white. Then grays. sprinkled with red and blue.
Know one buys green anymore unless they’re a recent immigrant.

·
Retired
26,692 Posts
Dealerships charge extra for a lot of colors these days... KBB says colors by %:

• White – 19.3%
  • Silver – 18%
  • Black – 12.4%
  • Med. Dark Blue – 11.4%
  • Med. Dark Gray – 7.5%
  • Med. Red – 7.1%
  • Med. Dark Green – 6.7%
  • Light Brown – 5.1%

Car Max says different:
    black was the best-selling car color last year, accounting for 22.25 percent of sales, followed closely by white at 19.34 percent of sales, gray (17.63 percent), and silver (14.64 percent).

·
14,265 Posts
My Chevy truck is bright metallic blue. My wife’s Mercedes is Red. My C7 ZO6 is white.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
My Chevy truck, wife's Impala and Equinox all white, My 85 IROC and 68 Camaro metalic blue.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Some cars look really awesome in white, and some look great in silver.

I am considering a 2021 Corvette, and have picked white with blue interior.

I had a silver 69 Z back in the day, and it is still one of my favorite colors.

I have three black cars. All are beautiful, but are a real pain to keep looking good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Everyone is right about the lack of colors on cars "now a days". Or should I say a few cars and lots of SUV's and trucks. Like mentioned earlier, I use to be able to tell cars apart even at dusk when park light were only on from far away. Now they all look so much alike that I don't even care. To have something "new" that stands out from the crowd, you have to really open up your wallet, Deep! I drive a Ram which is red, my Camaro is red, and my wife's SUV is dark gray machine metal color. Lexus has a nice looking red that really pops in the sun. I've owned several colors over the years but I never did care that much for the bright colors orange, lime green, yellow unless it was butternut, purple (mostly the Mopar colors and some of the Ford, Chevy similarities), even though I do like some Mopar/Ford cars; or baby blue and especially pink. NO Pink! And I do miss the chrome. Chrome today is coated plastic. When I bought my Ram , it had the 20 inch chrome wheels. After I bought it I found out that the chrome was just a plastic cover adhered to a steel wheel. That had to go, so I bought a set of 17 inch aftermarket wheels and ended up with more sidewall and a better ride. Really, thin sidewalls on a four wheel drive. Just looks stupid IMO. And I love black on a car. I just don't want it on a daily driver. Been there, done that more than once. Looks good until the wind kicks up any dust. End of rant.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,637 Posts
Ironic. Just the other day I noticed 12 vehicles all white at a light. it looked weird.
Brett....

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
70 chevelle custom dark blue.
waverunner mostly blue
2 Yamaha dirt bike bikes blue
Yamaha FZ 750 crotch rocket mostly blue
Malibu boat mostly blue
Gmc truck indigo blue
Snowboard and wakeboard both blue
Camaro, butternut yellow WTH. Lol
I like blue. May paint the Camaro a blue gray one day.

·
Registered
470 Posts
1969 SS396 Chevelle - Triple Black
1970 Plymouth RR-440/6 - Burnt Orange Metallic
1974 Dart Sport 360 - some kind of Yellow
!988 Toyota 4WD pick-up - Black
A variety of company cars ensued, some White, one Black, one Blue ( Ugly Ford color ), one Red, some Gray, and one Black Cherry ( my favorite )
2004 Grand Prix supercharged - Black
2009 Honda Civic SI - Dyno Blue
2010 Benz - RED!
2011 HD Ultra - Vivid Black (boring)
2014 Benz - White
1969 Z/28 - Glacier Blue ( Another favorite )
Only the last three cars are still with me.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Cheaper on the production line to run the white for a day or whatever and I would image it is cheaper as well. The factory charges more for certain colors. White looks good on a work truck!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I agree so many white, silver, grey and black. Everything I have is bright RED! The 67 and 97 Camaros, GMC Sierra 2500, and my Harley! The wife has a black Audi but it is a lease and my youngest (8) and I are trying to convince her to get a Red ZL1 1LE for her next daily driver, 6spd of course. She has only owned one automatic car in her life. No more manuals in Audi’s after 2018. So we have a shot...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts