Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the final touches on a ZZ430 clone in my 69 Convertible, and would like to take it to the track. What have your experiences been as far as drag racing these things? My concern is that they will tell me to go away because I don't have a rollbar, which I WON'T be installing. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Well, depends on the track, we have a little local track that you can run your guts out all day for $10.00.

Unless you run in the 11's, they just look for an overflow container, and the battery securely mounted.

At our 6000 ft. elevation, only dropping down into a mineshaft would my ZZ430 clone 67 convertible dip into the 11's..

------------------
Don~ ZZ430DropTophttp://hometown.aol.com/zz430droptop67rs
~~~~and~~~~
70 RS

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
The tracks around here are fairly easy on tech. They do use NHRA rules for the most part. Ragtops have to run with the top and windows up and the driver is required to wear a helmet. At 13.99 and quicker a roll bar is required but I've seen guys go 13.70's without being run off the track or warned. then the rest of the basics apply coolant catch can, no more than 6" of rubber fuel line, no plastic oil line into the interior, a batt clamp and no trim rings or hubcaps.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 our local club"
and the "daily driver"

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unreal:
ok, What's a ZZ430?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a 430hp 430ftlbs of torque SBC crate that GM only made 430 of and put special valve covers on with a "xxx of 430" numbering. It's based on the other "ZZ" crates like a ZZ3 or ZZ4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.