Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Street tire that will also bit at the track. This car is 85% street driven and I have QuickTime Pros for the track. However...I can't seem to go for a weekend cruise without being challenged by an Accord or Eclipse or a Chevy pick up or a Dump truck...get the picture? Which have more bite, Nitto 555 or BFG Drag Radials...or something else?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
BFG's have more bite but only last about 3000 miles max. The Nitto's are the best all around street compromise. The hook great and seem to last on average about 10,000 miles. My vote is for the Nitto555R's for the street and QuickTimes for the Strip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My neighbor has run both on his supercharged 360 Dakota truck. His opinion is the BF Goodrich's are better at the track, but don't hook well on the street and just don't last (he got <2500 miles). His Nitto 555R's have 6,000 miles on them and hook a lot better on the street.

He only runs 4 or 5 time a year at the track and he said he doesn't have a problem giving up to .1 or .2 at the track and plans to keep Nittos from now on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just put nitto's on my 69' but haven't got to drive the car much due to rear end prob's, I'll let you know once I get to drive it some

·
Registered
31 Posts
i've got the MT sportsman i series, for over a year now. don't know how they hook up because i'm STiLL BuIlDiNG tHIS DANG THING!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like some Notto's are in my future...does anyone know if Santa Claus carries Nitto tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts