Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

We are getting the final details finished up on our 454 and we are down to Valve covers and air-cleaner.

Can you all post some pictures of the underhood on you BBC cars? We are trying to decide between Fabricated Aluminum, or finned Aluminum. And Hilborn vs Bird Catcher for the top of the Tunnel Ram.

Also does anyone know of a backet and pulley kit that will fit this thing? We really like polished aluminum or painted, but would consider chrome as well. This isn't a show car, its a cruiser.

More than likely going to be running without a hood for a while.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hey guys,

We are getting the final details finished up on our 454 and we are down to Valve covers and air-cleaner.

Can you all post some pictures of the underhood on you BBC cars? We are trying to decide between Fabricated Aluminum, or finned Aluminum. And Hilborn vs Bird Catcher for the top of the Tunnel Ram.

Also does anyone know of a backet and pulley kit that will fit this thing? We really like polished aluminum or painted, but would consider chrome as well. This isn't a show car, its a cruiser.

More than likely going to be running without a hood for a while.
March system with powder coated nose covers.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here's my old one ...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
My personal favorite is a set of Corvette script fined valve covers.

Though I used to have these Cal Custom fined valve covers with the word Motion in the center of the square flat cast into the valve cover.

If you have a stud girdle with tall poly-locks on your rocker arm adjusters you can use a spacer under your favorite valve cover like I had on my 582.

Big Dave

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dave,
I see the headers are wrapped, I did that on my Suzuki Hayabusa long ago. Did it help with temps?
Are you ever worried about a fire hazard if you somehow splash oil on it?
Just wondering......

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is whats on there now...not a good pic though.

I also have moroso sheet metal ones but no pics of those...sorry.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Don ... thanks for the kind words BUT ... hold on, car is not sold, just the motor / tranny / interior
Rebuilding it a 3rd time !!
Wait till you see whats in store this time... :)

Btw ... your engine/bay looks fantastic, very well executed with the 'clean' organized look

Steve

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is whats on there now...not a good pic though.

I also have moroso sheet metal ones but no pics of those...sorry.
I really like the looks of this one. I think its close to what we are after and should fit into our budget.

Kendra (12y/o) Was looking through these and when I clicked on this picture she said "568! that awesome!". Here I though we were being cool building a 454 haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Plain Summit valve covers with etching, March serpentine system.

(67 Chevelle)

Don,

That is very well done! Those valve covers are on the list of consideration for sure. My plan is to have the Girls sign the Valve cover on their side of the engine. As this is a family project each kid will have a side when we go to the track, for adjusting valves and changing plugs.

I like the clean look of the belts. Is that alternator mount what comes with the kit?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Don,

That is very well done! Those valve covers are on the list of consideration for sure. My plan is to have the Girls sign the Valve cover on their side of the engine. As this is a family project each kid will have a side when we go to the track, for adjusting valves and changing plugs.

I like the clean look of the belts. Is that alternator mount what comes with the kit?

I really like your idea of having your girls sign their side, sounds great. :thumbsup:

I had those laser etched at a local shop, they did a nice job I think.

Yes the alternator mount comes with the kit. When that pic was taken I had the adjusting rod in the wrong hole, it should be in the front of the intake like Steve's (pictured above). That kit is for short water pump by the way.

Thanks and good luck with your project. Please post pics

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Here ya go.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts