Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of mounting my DSE PS Cooler on the subframe crossmember in front of the engine. It would require two holes being drilled into the frame. What do you guys think? I am open to better suggestions.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For right now, its the mechanical stock fan. It has stand-offs on the bottom as indicated in the below picture. I was thinking I could drill two holes in the indicated x-member. Super easy to get to. I don't think I have the fabrication skills for a bracket. Is there any problem with drilling the x-member? I am open to all suggestions, thanks again.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i would think it will be ok, as long as it clears the fan shroud.
that is pretty much how GM did/does the PS "coolers" on most of the newer cars, but they just run th return line around the front of the subframe without plumbing in any sort of cooler- i guess all that extra line does the job on it's own.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I'm using two short pieces of aluminum flat stock to act as an extension off the bottom of the radiator support to mount mine underneath.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
i would think it will be ok, as long as it clears the fan shroud.
that is pretty much how GM did/does the PS "coolers" on most of the newer cars, but they just run th return line around the front of the subframe without plumbing in any sort of cooler- i guess all that extra line does the job on it's own.
New LS motors use water-to-fluid coolers inline with the upper rad hose, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.