Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
I would take and through bolt it to the rad support.
5/16 flare, 37°, the same as the steel tubing lines at the parts store for brakes and fuel lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The well nuts needed are 1/2 " diameter and uses a 1/4 " bolt. Ace hardware does have them in their specialty boxes.

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
You can also get the well-nuts at Lowe's. That is where I got mine and they worked great.

Roger

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
That should be 45 degree flare. 37 degree is AN. :) and how do you make that degree sign, Everett?
You're right, 45°
I would still through bolt it to the support because of the weight and the road surface. Use a locknut vice lock washer.

Hold down 'Alt' and type in zero176, release Alt.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with the well nuts tearing or pulling out? What did you do to resolve it?
I just noticed mine were pulling out the other day. In fact, I didn't even know they were well nuts before then. I put them back in may add a washer and nut for redundancy.

Why did they use these, anyway???

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
You might have to use two adapters, 5/16 flare to NPT, then NPT to male AN flare.

·
Premium Member
13,881 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with the well nuts tearing or pulling out? What did you do to resolve it?
I have never had the well nuts tear out. Its the other way around for me because I normally destroy them to get them out. But then I try to keep it on the road.

Roger

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
I removed all the wellnuts on both the '67 I had earlier in life and the '68 because of vibration issues during drag racing both of them.

The street driven '68 Wife & I had earlier in life, 1976 through 1985, left the wellnuts installed.

Yes, NumLock on, and type in 0170 through 0179 for a string of symbols.
0170 ª, 0171 «, 0172 ¬,* 0173 (nothing),* *0174 ®, 0175 ¯, 0176 °, 0177 ±, 0178 ², 0179 ³

If you go to Word, Insert, Symbols, there is a whole shortcut list.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts