Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Need your input, I repalced my rearend form a 12 bolt to 9". The driveshaft has stock size u joints in the rear. I called a driveshaft place and told me i can use a cross joint which is a stock size u joint on the drvieshaft and a 1350 u joint that goes to the pinoin side. (Or I can have the drive shaft cut and rewelded to a 1350). Would this be a good idea? I have not done any horsepower up grades(450hp flywheel) to the motor. I have gone to coil overs and ladder bars, new slicks, and 9' w/3.90 and a spool. Please let me know before I do this. I dont want the u joint to break and tear up anything else.:confused: Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. I also forgot to ask you if this cross joint would hold up until I get enough "$" to get a new one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I would call denny's driveshafts and talk to them. They are knowledgeable and will steer you right.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I have a 9" in my car. It has been like 15 years since I put it in but I used either a F-100 or F-150 truck yoke on my 9" and it the same size as a stock 12 bolt camaro. Then I used a factory camaro u-joint. You might call some rearend places and they can give a ford part number. I used Pyle Brothers out of Baytown Texas. 281-421-5878

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one of those u joints on my 69, "the one with 2 different sizes" I had my 408 big block in there and never had a problem. "I will see how it holds up with the 502". I plan on upgrading but it made it this far so I would think it would be ok untill you can afford to do it right, but I have street tires and an automatic so that may be why it made it this far. :beers:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a driveshaft from these folks. http://www.thrashdriveshaft.com 3" - spicer 1350 joints - $295. They were VERY helpful on the phone. They are in your town.
Thanks for the info. called them and they are going to put new 1350 in front and cut and reweld with new 1350 in rear and balance for $150.:hurray:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts