Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to drive my camaro with just shorty headers on, 9 miles to my local exhaust shop to get the rest installed and welded.
Will this harm the car in any way?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I drove mine about a mile and a half thru Dallas with open headers. Stay out of the throttle and you will be fine. The sound is obnoxious only when you are accelerating - accelerate slowly. It's loud otherwise, but not too bad.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I drove mine with open headers to the exhaust shop as well. No problems. I did have a lady in a car in front of me pull over because she thought something was wrong with her car however. :D It was VERY loud!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool. That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure before I took the trip.

I figure if a cop pulls me over he will see all of the pipes and mufflers in the car and should understand.
If not then I am sure the judge will. (I am knocking on wood now)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove about a mile through town along a main 4 lnae thoroughfare to the muffler shop from the high school and had no problmes. Yeah, stay out of the throttle and pick your route wisely.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I remember doing that with my old 68 SS396. Drove right by a cop on the way to the exhaust shop. Just make sure you take your foot off the gas pedal if you see a cop and coast by him. My car was loud when I was trying to get up to speed on I95 and went under an overpass. Wow, that was loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts