Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever use this? It says you can spray it on dirty cars and dont have to worry about the dirt on the car scratching the paint!! No water? Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone used it? What do you think? I figure the less water I can keep off my car the less that can get trapped in places where it can rust. Expensive, but wondering if it is worth it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have used Dri Wash for years as a quick detailer and have been very pleased. Now the horror story! Our newly married son was visiting his wife's grandfather who is a dist. of the stuff. Their car was "somewhat" dirty. He was convinced to use the stuff on the whole car (new dark blue Honda Accord). Well it took me 6 hrs of Scratch X, glaze and wax to restore the lustre.
Jim

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
All the quick detail, dri-wash type products work if the car is reletivly grit free. I rarely use water on my '69. I dust it before using quick detail and get the surface real wet and turn the towel often and don't worry about getting it all dried off. I save any road grime areas (behind rear wheels) for the end of the first cleaning. Then with a clean towel I mist lightly and go over the whole car for streak removal and shine quality. The second time the towel stays fairly clean.

There are times when a bucket of soap and water are needed though (more so on drivers than show cars), after a coastal run or getting cought in bad weather or driving in areas where the road surface is fresh!!

I looked at the protect all web site and I think it's on par with the other products. Something always strikes my funny bone when a product claiming waterless or no rinsing suggests you clean the car before using their product.

From the Protect All web site:
Remove oxidation, stains and heavy grime with a strong cleaner or polishing compound before using Quick & Easy Wash for the first time
I would think heavy grime would require soap and water before polishing... Like I said though, I think it's probably on par with the other products like it, which includes the one I use...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've heard from some people who work in the car care industry that those "waterless" products use some form of chemical that does damage to the finish of the car. There's no substitute for a good washing and drying. Use good quality towels so it won't scratch the finish and use car soap, no other soap is safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts