Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installed, does the top of the DSE Subframe connectors protrude through the floor or does the top of the SFC end up about level with the floor pan? Anyone have pics of how the DSE setup looks after install, from the inside of the car?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh cool!

Thanks Bret!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Poncho,

After installlation there is definitely a small hump in each rear passenger footwell. Here are a few pics of my installation.

DS&E sfc install in 69mscle

The performance enhancement is worth the hump.

Good luck with your project

bob spears

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm with Bob, there is a hump, but it did not adversley affect the installation of my new carpet, or seats. Some have argued that the pieces are a bit pricey, maybe, but what you get is top quality parts that fit perfectly, and very, very good installation instructions including templates where you need to cut sheetmetal, etc. Highly recommended. The nice thing is that ground clearance is not affected at all, they tuck up underneath nice and tight.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pics Bob! Thanks for the luck. That really looks good. Better than I expected. When I have the funds I'll spend the extra to put the DSE SFC's in. I would love to do like Carl did, but I don't have the means at this time to doas clean a job as I would like. I had eyeballed Carl's page awhile back and I think they are a great idea if you have more time and tools than money. I don't have a welder, but might have access to one in the future.

About the hump, you could probably insulate around it in such a manner as to minimize the bulge, doesn't look so bad!

Thanks again folks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
You're going to need a welder to do either of the SFC's. Because the DSE bars protrude through the floor, there is a significant amount of welding the sheet metal floor to the bars themselves. Not sure you could do really easily with a stick welder, but a MIG or flux core MIG work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts