Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. A few years ago i had my 10 bolt rear end swapped out for a 12 bolt rear end with multi leaf perches. At the time I had ordered the wrong multi-leaf shock plates and ended up just re-using my mono-leaf shock plates. I have the hotchkis 1.5/2 inch lowered suspension. It is close to the wheel but there is enough clearance. Now i am going with a wider wheel with more backspacing and am going to have to change to the multi-leaf shock plates to get the extra bit of wheel clearance.

When these are changed can i re-use my same u-bolts or do i need to put new ones? How difficult is it to change these myself? Thanks for the help. Nick

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would replace them they are not that expensive. I rebuilt my rear end this summer and drop it out to do it. I used new u bolts. It’s not that difficult just make sure the car and the rear end are supported properly and when you tighten down the new ones make sure you do them even. Use a torque wrench. I believe I torqued mine at 60 foot lbs. then take the car for a drive and re torque them again then you should be good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am going to try to contact Hotchkis and see if I can buy the same size U-Bolts by themselves. I can only find them sold with the leaf springs or in the suspension kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts