Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone with pictures/explanations they can share of their dual exhaust installation. I purchased the Hooker Blackheart kit which seems really nicely put together but I have no idea how the brackets mount, where they mount or anything else. My entire car was replaced from the front of the rear frame rails back so not a clue how it all goes together. The instructions have zero picture but lots of text that refers to items and positions that don't tell me much. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

I used the seat belt bolts for support and two more hangers at the back. one on each side of the frame rail just at the front of the gas tank

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin. I think the Blackheart kit is really meant to use the original locations with their hangers which is what I am struggling with. I can probably figure it out by trial and error but thought someone else would have installed something similar. I can't use the seat belt holes since they are in use.

Ultimately I can probably call Holley and get some guidance if all else fails.

·
Super Moderator
32,300 Posts
As said, you'll have to do by trial & Error method.
Get the Camaro on jackstands and lay out piping underneath and go from there. You'll make it.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As said, you'll have to do by trial & Error method.
Get the Camaro on jackstands and lay out piping underneath and go from there. You'll make it.
Had a bit of breakthrough tonight and actually re-read the directions (when all else fails) and realized the seatbelt bolt holts are in play. Did what you suggested and laid everything out and think I may have it mostly figured out. The rearmost brackets seem kind of odd but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Thanks Kevin. I think the Blackheart kit is really meant to use the original locations with their hangers which is what I am struggling with. I can probably figure it out by trial and error but thought someone else would have installed something similar. I can't use the seat belt holes since they are in use.

Ultimately I can probably call Holley and get some guidance if all else fails.
I still have seat belts with the original bolt. there was enough thread sticking through the floor that I could get a nut on. so I just welded a short stud to that nut to hold the hanger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts