Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Mine are controled off a dakota digital that I think sends a groud out to the relays which I have bolted on the front of the core support.This is a pretty clean look and you want them close to the fans anyway.They are supplied with a large wire to keep up the current.This is all I have the radiator and controler that I bought from Raceware came with relays and a diagram which you could probably google to find....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Instead of using two relays I used a marine continuous duty 90 amp solenoid. I ran a 4 gauge wire direct from the battery to the input side of the solenoid. On the output side I ran 2 10 gauge wires each to a 60 amp circuit breaker and from the circuit breakers 12 gauge wires to each fan. I use a dash switch to trigger the solenoid for around town driving and leave it off on the road. You can use a controller to trigger the solenoid too. I found out the hard way that one 30 amp relay is just not enough to handle 2 fans. 2 50 amp relays will work fine.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Thanks Steve! I just biught a dual Spal fan and now trying to figure out 1. How to mount it to my Aluminum radiator and 2. What kind of relays or wiring I need to set it up.

So far all I have is the radiator and fans. I have a new crate motor going in but I have yet to buy any of the pulleys/water pump/alternator or PS pump. Basically anything that goes on the front of the motor. No wonder this project is going on it's 4th year! I'm too afraid to spend money on things then figure out I didn't need it or bought the wrong thing! :confused: :sad:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My Spal came mounted to my Ron Davis.
I went ahead and ordered the fan relay from SPAL. It came with the temp switch and was easy to wire. I have the PWM controller I will put on someday.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Instead of using two relays I used a marine continuous duty 90 amp solenoid. I ran a 4 gauge wire direct from the battery to the input side of the solenoid. On the output side I ran 2 10 gauge wires each to a 60 amp circuit breaker and from the circuit breakers 12 gauge wires to each fan. I use a dash switch to trigger the solenoid for around town driving and leave it off on the road. You can use a controller to trigger the solenoid too. I found out the hard way that one 30 amp relay is just not enough to handle 2 fans. 2 50 amp relays will work fine.
Sorry to hijack..where did you find a 50 amp relay?.I am in need of one.Thanks in advance.:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts