Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find repo tailipes with polished tips for a 1969? There is a set at classic industries, are they the only ones? Do they come set up for dual mufflers or just the original single? Anyone have any experience with the set? Didn't the big block camaro have dual mufflers therefore dual tailpipes must be out there somewhere? What size are the pipes? And which flowmaster mufflers finish the package for a convertible? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Flowmaster sells their tailpipes separate, you can get them from summit.Those pipes are drop dead gorgeous.

I have the 17139 system on my 68, except for that lil detail of the x brace, it fits great.

Would be prtty easy to pick up a set of flow's tailpipes, mufflers of your choise, and have an exhuast shop bend up a the center section and keep em high enough to run the brace.

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
Rick's First Gen has them, as I have them on my car. The looks just like the originals.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see just the tailpipes at rick's. And I don't see just the flowmaster tailpipes sold separately at summit either. Just the tailpipes would be preferred but they must be for a dual muffler set up. By the way, what size are stock pipes?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The Flowmaster tailpipes are 2.5. If you go to flow's website, they list a # for the tailpipes alone. Give that to Summit or Jegs, and they'll be able to get them if they don't allready have them. Or just buy the comeplete 17139 system listed for '69's if you want flow muffs, and space the x-brace down to clear em.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise. But I ordered just the tailpipes from classic. I hope they are 2.25. Then I will buy 2.25 flows and get the rest of the system 2.25 custom made to fit into under the x-brace. Otherwise it's time to mock up the 2.5 system. Anyone know if the flowmaster 50 series will fit under a ragtop or are 40's my only option? Thx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts