Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im removing my msd and cant remember what wires originally went to thr coil. I beleive the tachwent to the negative and the resistor wire went to the positive. I will need to replace this with a full 12volts. Does this sound correct? THe instuciton only tell how to wire it the distributor to the coil.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Okay I'll give it a try. Is this a small bodied DUI ? If so wire it like your old points distributor except with a full 12-volts that is switchable, on and off with your key, to the + side of coil. - goes to dist. If it is a large cap HEI No wires go to the coil, just a full 12-volt switchable source to the BATT terminal. If you are trying to connect a MSD box to it, try their website for instructions.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Its a small body dui distributor. Im removing all of t he msd headaches and going back to more of a stock llok and drivability. The 85551 distributor has always had a corrosion problem. I think the - on the coil goes to the factory tach and the + on the coil Switched full 12v. Which sounds like what you said. What type of dui distributor do you have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts