Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car wouldn't start last night. After banging on the starter a couple of times, I then checked the connections to it. I must have shorted something, because sparks flew, and the starter spun.

The car then started right up. Is the starter the problem? It starts cold every time and the battery is good.

Starter? Solenoid? Something else? If it is the starter, do you guys recommend a mini torque? I am not a stickler for being 100 percent correct. I would like to buy the best starter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
not a dumb question. sounds like the solenoid is shot. when you checked the connection and sparks flew, you bypassed the solenoid and provided current directly to the starter motor.

·
Registered
271 Posts
this may sound dumb, but i just replaced my perfectly good battery. it would always turn it over easily when it was cold, but it really had trouble once it ran and sat for about an hour. maybe from heat soak? but it wouldn't even have the juice to turn it over. it left me stranded one night last week and i had to jump it, so i finally got a battery with more cranking amps. went from 630 to around 900 i think. might wanna check that out too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts