Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m restoring my 69 Camaro which came with standard dark blue interior. I can’t seem to find the paint for the metal dash. I would prefer to purchase the paint in quart cans so I can use a spray gun. I usually purchase my paint from Corvette America but I’ve found out that GM didn’t have a dark blue interior for the Corvettes in 69. They made different shades of dark blue for the corvettes in 68, 73-75, 77, 78-81, and 82. Does anybody know where I can find the paint or know which year dark blue interior paint matches the Camaro for 69? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Best bet will be to pull off the glove box cover or ash tray and take it to an auto paint dealer to get it matched. I've had good success with this approach. I also have a dark blue interior, but when I redid the interior paint I found a Sem rattle can color that was dead on, but Sem stopped making that color I believe.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Go to your local auto paint supplier and they can mix Dusk Blue the in pint/quart cans to use in a gun or in a aerosol spray can. Get it with flex agent in it so you can use it on the plastic parts as well in a satin finish. I would suggest in Omni Plus by PPG. Make sure you clean the surfaces thoroughly and spray light coats.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
As said a good paint supplier can help you. I was going to paint my Honda CB900C. they only came in two colors, Burgandy or Black. Told the counter guy what I was painting and he pulled out his trusty little book and fixed me up with the three colors on the bike plus the clear coat, No problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts