Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to dub old 33rpm albums to my cd/dvd burner which has its own 80gig hard drive and then burn them onto cd or dvd. I cant find out if I can just run my turntable direct into the burner with rca jacks or do I need to go thru my Stereo Amp/Receiver and then into the DVD burner harddrive? Has anyone else done this conversion ?
I cant find clear yes or no type website for this question.

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
See if this helps Jim - I think it's using a PC though, maybe it will give you a some ideas... http://www.blazeaudio.com/howto/lp-overview.html

I would think if your receiver is used as a switch between your DVD-r/rw and other inputs such as the TV (cable), a camcorder or record player you should be able to record them all...

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the links, I wasnt looking or searching with the right words I guess. My stereo receiver/amp is in a different location than the dvd burner, that is my reason for the turntable question.I was hoping to be able to walk my turntable over to the dvd/hard drive that sits on top of our TV, plug in the turntable right here and then copy to the dvd/hd. If I have to go thru the Amp/Receiver, that is in another location of the house, not hear the dvd/burner.
I will read thru those sites and see if something answers my concerns.
I guess I could just plug the turntable into the DVD/HD and play a record and see what happens. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
If your turntable uses a magnetic pickup you will have to run it through your receiver first. The magnetic signal is weak and needs to be pre-amplified to reach a "line level" output. If this is the case you simply run a patch cord from the tape deck "record" outputs on the reciever to your dvd inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts