Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the last time I worked on her which was about 23 years ago I rolled her back out to take a good look and baseline the project. I removed the headliner and kick panels to clean out the many rodent nests and debris they leave behind. Then out came the front windshield, that was cracked, the back glass and the dashpad, gauges etc. All in all not a bad start for the weekend and the near future. Hopefully I can get some pics up. I don't use Paypal so is there another option for becoming a member?

On edit it appears my CC worked ...

Thanks in advance
Darrell

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
We look forward to some pics Darrell. :yes:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got it ..:hurray: And yes that is a 67 rear 1/4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I spent some more time and knocked down the primer, surface rust and removed the filler .... The body is solid and the seam on the 1/4 panel, although I'm not crazy about it, is still solid... Anyway a few more pics and more to come

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,429 Posts
Nice start, Darrell,
Seams can be fixed,
Give the Supervisor a pat on the head for doing a good job.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok .... so to show that progress is still being made here's an update. The doors and hood are ready for primer now waiting on body. Currently working on the left 1/4 panel that was replaced in the early 80's. Has a couple spots in the inner fender well that need to be welded then we're going to roll the lip for two reasons, one it's very wavy where they seamed it and two I want to make sure there is enough tire clearance.

Thanks for checking my build out and all comments are welcome. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I'm back with an update ... I kinda wish I would have waited to start this thread so it didn't drag out so long ... But anyway I decided to install mini tubs and while I was there I replaced the outer wheel house as well due to some previous damage. So far so good on the driver side.

Attachments

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,456 Posts
Looking good Darrell!!!

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Really clean install - looks great! I did mine as well - scary but not all that bad as you said. What tubs did you use? I had to move my frame rails inboard on my install.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts