Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried dye on seat belts? Ipicked up some mint shoulder belts at a swap meet $30 for the set. Now the problem is they're tan and I what to dye them med. Green. Anyone ever tried this with belts. Got any suggestion on a good green to try on the tan to get the med. green. Thank you and God bless all. Great page.J&I 69

·
Registered
233 Posts
I found this in the archives over at Team Chevelle.
"The RIT dye that is sold everywhere works pretty well, especially if you follow the instructions ! Let it fully dry for a day or two and then do a quick wash on it to see if any dye is not fully "set". I have never had any come off on my clothes or hands fo far." And i found this here at Team Camaro:
"If the webbing is in really good condition, buy some RIT dye at the grocery store, mix it up in a bucket or something your wife won't kill you for using, and drop the belts in there. Then I would rinse real well and hang to dry. They will come out looking great. If the webbing is frayed or worn, it would be best to get them re-webbed. It's expensive, but so is being disabled."
rick

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had some light blue seat belts and used the spray dye from Pep Boys and worked fine. I did this last year and no problems. I found that after the dye dries, the belts are stiff. After afew uses, they soften up. The directions on the can are simple.
PS I dyed my belts black

·
Registered
205 Posts
i dont remember where i read it but i didnt think you were supposed to dye seat belts somthing about weaking the belt. im searching for black belts for my 80z28, i have dark blue,but were talking fast cars lots of money in the motors dont get cheap on the seatbelts on a street mach. as far as safety goes its right there with brakes and tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's for your info. I would get new belt but it hard to find MGreen shoulder belt for a 69 camaro. My car had them, but someone cut them out. Anyway most people usually don't use those belt, they're for show. I've not see many of the(NOS)catalogs with these belts, and no one has the MGREEN in any kind of belt. I'm trying to put her back to her original colors. Again thank's and God bless all. J&I 69

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Was doing a search on seat belts, and found this. If you still need mint green shoulder belts, I have them. Was going to dye them black, but would trade for black, even if they still need dyed. Not sure on the condition--they've been in a grocery bag for 4 years. Seems to me they might just be a little dirty. Email me if you're interested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If they are dirty take them done to a dry cleaners. I did my 68 turquoise belts that were stuffed under my rear seat for ??? years and they turned out looking like new. All the belts cost me $25.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.