Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late March DZ block. Hoping the original car is still out there somewhere. I am willing to sell the block, hopefully to the original car. I know it is a longshot. Hoping to make someone's day a great one.:hurray: What is the best registry to check for Norwood Z28's? I will post the VIN later in the week. The block is at a friends shop. Cast date is C209. Assembly date on front pad is V0324DZ. 618 block.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on bring it home this week. It has been sitting at my friend's shop for about a year now after it came back from the machine shop. Will post the VIN later in the week. I never wrote it down and can't remember what it is. I remember some of the numbers were very hard to make out. Love your thread on the rare find. Not many like that to be found.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Gambitt,
Very nice RSZ youve got there... looks like it is a factory cowl hood car along with instrumentation... good luck on the project... there is a guy who has a V0411DZ that doesnt have a Vin on it... he is on this board as well as the Yenko.net boards...
WOW just realized it is a - - paint code car... anu idea what it was originally? maybe it was just a stripe delete or maybe it was a special color... stripe delete with cowl hood and spoilers would look like a COPO... SUPER COOL!!!!

James

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
James,

I just realized it was D, I was thinking it was C for some reason...late March would have been perfect.
Can you shoot me a PM and let me know this guys name? I might be interested. Thanks.

Yeah, I am working to try and find some documentation on my car, but it will be a shot in the dark. It is an original cowl hood car and
was black from the factory...I have yet to figure out if it was a stripe delete car...it had white stripes on it when I first saw it, but they
could have been added by the dealer or by the first couple of people who owned it. I have had it since 1985.

It's funny how quickly you noticed it was a factory cowl hood car...most of the time when I tell people my hood is orignal, they laugh...until they look at my firewall:)

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
Great news!

Now only if it was mine.:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Had to check my Vin for the third time and yes, thats my block.
:hurray:
Let us know how it turns out. It's like looking at a Lotto ticket. Some of the blocks posted on here have been real close to mine and I hold my breath and then [email protected]^@*&^&&.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
wow this is like finding a long lost loved one...well almost

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually saw his add on www.lostandfoundcars.com and could not believe it. My mouth hit the floor. What are the chances of that? It is like hitting the lotttery. I must have checked five times before it sunk in. I'm excited and it's not even my car. My favorite color too. It looks like it is a RS also, makes it even better. Look forward to putting this block back in it's original home. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.