Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DZ carb #3923289DZ that someone is interested in purchasing from me. I disassembled, ultrasonic cleaned and put a fresh rebuild kit in it myself. The carb works great and is in good physical condition. I'm selling it because I have no use for a vacum secondary carb and I'd like it to go to someone who needs a DZ carb. My question is what are these things going for and how do I determine the build date? The only thing missing from the carb is the choke butterfly and linkage. Everything else is there and runs great. During the rebuild I noticed the following and assume they came this way? .031" accel nozzle, 72 primary jets, 76 secondary jets, 6.5" power valve, white accel pump cam using #1 setting, 50 cc accel pump. I'm using 3/8" inlets, but the 5/16 inlets will go with it.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
3 digit number on air horn, year/month/week.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The price range is correct for a DZ carb with a good date; 1968 or 1969. The first digit of the date code is the year. Carbs with later dates are service replacement and aren't quite as pricey. It also assumes that everything is absoluetly correct and the plating is still good. There can be so many things wrong with used Holleys I don't know where to begin. Out of the dozens of used carbs we had over the years maybe 3-4 were correct and complete, just needed a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. Air horn is stamped 864 which I believe would be 1968 June fourth week.

·
Registered
523 Posts
A good way to "ball-park figure" parts is in Hemmings Motor News.You can almost be assured of finding what other people are asking for stuff in there.

------------------
HDZ/28

1 - 7 of 7 Posts