Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 68 date coded DZ carb go for $515 on ebay this week. I listed one this week started at $200. Anyway I noticed his was sprayed with Eastwood "carb renew". Isn't this just gold paint? Anybody here ever used this stuff? It seems like a bad idea to me. Does anyone know what it costs to have these carbs replated? Someone has asked the question and I'm not really sure who does it or the cost. Thanks, Dave

[This message has been edited by SY1 (edited 02-21-2002).]

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The Holley Custom Shop can do it. I had them restore my carb and the cost was $306.00. You could just send them your parts to be replated. I don't know what they would charge for that though. Check their website.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Holley restored my DZ carb. They did a beautiful job. Replating is the way to go. I think Jerry McNeish's shop does it as well.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, AM/FM, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28: Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI, wifes car, lots of hot rod stuff, she will blow your doors off so don't mess with her!

1969 Z/28: Ralley Green, black standard interior, DZ302, M21, 3.73 posi, comfort grip steering wheel, factory gauges, spoilers, etc. FOR SALE?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the quick responses. It will help. Dave

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Jerry MacNeish did my DZ carb - here's a photo:

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jet Performance has done a couple of carbs for me. They get $ 50.00 for re-coloring and it looks excellent. I have them do their Stage 2 blueprint rebuild / blueprinting for $ 225.00 also and the carb works great.

Dave

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dave and John. John that engine compartment looks like you could eat off of it, except I'd be afraid of getting crumbs in it! Very nice. I may talk to Jerry, I have an "Old Reliable" license plate from the dealer that sponsored Dave Stricklers 68 Z when he won the world championships. Jerry has the car now, maybe he'd like the plate for it. I had a Fatham Green 69 Z back in 1980, with the dark green interior it was really a nice car. Most people didn't like the color back then, now it's one of the most desirable colors. Funny how things change.
Thanks
Dave

[This message has been edited by SY1 (edited 02-22-2002).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
JohnZ,

Are you missing the clip the goes from the right rear stud on the intake and goes around the fuel line that goes to the rear bowl?

Bob R

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Bob -

Nope, that bracket didn't go into production until April or May - mine's an 02D car.

Dave -

Mine's Fathom Green with the 725 Deluxe Midnight Green Comfortweave interior; Fathom Green was the 3rd most popular color in '69, but you'd never know it today

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John,
I really like the Fathom Green cars. Its a refreshing change from the Hugger Orange and Lemans Blue. I like those too, but just see so many of them. Being in aviation I've been accused of paying too much attention to detail, but I think it is time well spent and it's what I enjoy. Even though it's just a shot of part of the engine the pride you take in your car really shows up on your picture. Looks great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts