Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original water pump for my DZ motor has started leaking a little out the hole in the bottom of the pump. Of coarse I want to keep the pump itself because it is original. How do I go about rebuilding it? Thankx, John

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Take the pump to a local rebuilder and ask him to disassemble it. Don't let him tumble it or roto blast it as most rebuilders do, as this might damage the casting numbers. Take it somewhere to have it bead blasted, then back to the rebuilder for assembly. If you have a press, you can buy the parts from him and do this your self. But likely no warranty. Most of the smaller rebuilders won't look at you like your nuts for doing this, as they have probably had this requested of them in the past. If you don't know where to find a rebuilder, check with your local parts suppliers to find one. The larger companies that rebuild these things may not help you.
Hope this helps
Jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
I took my pump to my local auto parts store. They boxed it up and sent it to the company that supplies their rebuilt pumps. That company rebuilt it and sent it back for $80. The only parts they reused were the housing, impeller, and hub, everything else was replaced with new parts. I am very satisfied with the results.

------------------
camarodave
'69Z 24,000 orig. miles
Rallye Green/White stripes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts