Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
i dont know if its a real z or not, someone else here will chime in, but the reverse lights on the tailpanel are not right. either it has been replaced or the lights were added?. the reverse lights are to far toward the middle of the panel. nice car though.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I think the placement is ok on the reverse lights but the lens looks funky and I don't have a 69 or an rs so take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The ad is very vague. Just a pic of the trim tag which is legit but no other #s, just says correct DZ 302. Would be nice to have pictures and #s of what really counts. With the info there I think you would actually want to look at that car in person before buying it.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
I think the placement is ok on the reverse lights but the lens looks funky and I don't have a 69 or an rs so take that for what it's worth.

Actually the reverse lights are both in too far towards the license plate. They are not in the right place.

I would not buy this car unless I looked at the rust repair and the numbers in person to verify that the restoration was a professional one as claimed by the seller. Either that lower rear tailpanel was replace or RS was added.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Look at the car prior to bidding, to many people have been burned.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
rear valence might have been damaged and replaced which would require manually cutting out the light holes and then they could be in the wrong place but they are too close to center to be original. Missing RS headlight squirter solenoid on top of the wiper motor too.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't like the trim tag. Look closely at it.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
In addition to the items noted above:

A.I.R. system & exhaust manifolds missing ($$)
PCV hoses missing & backwards
Poor deck lid fit, deck lid stripes painted wrong
Non-functional cowl hood
Wrong master cylinder
Wrong throttle return spring
Wrong carb stud and wingnut
Spare tire not tied down - jack & handle there?
Shouldn't have a trunk mat
Shouldn't have anti-squeak strips under gas tank straps
Wrong shocks
etc.....

:beers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
also, is there a brace for the front spoiler???

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, the braces are actually there on that car.
" Poor deck lid fit, deck lid stripes painted wrong" <- the deck lid is fine, its the new weatherstripping that pops the things up. Both my OER trunk and original do that with new WS.
I noticed a few things too..
weatherstripping on trunk cut too short
side mirror mounting holes are line up to the top of the door, for a correct fit the holes line up with the body line below it
inside door locks not correct

Excellent car though, very minor details, if he can prove its an RS it should sell for a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts