Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have to replace the cable that goes thru the firewall. I have not seen these for sale. Are they available and I just haven't seen them yet? I've got almost every camaro parts book, although the newest one is 2 years old.
The adjusting stud broke, so I tried to get the cable out since it wouldn't reach anyway. I ended up tweaking the cable attatchment point on the floor board. A little compressed ring on the outside slid down the cable with a rubber grommet. And the piece on the inside pulled out of the floor. I can see it needs to squeeze thru the hole to go outside but looks very difficult to do, and wouldn't cooperate at all when I tried. The only good news about this so far is having the cable loose like it is, I was able to get enough slack to put what was left of the stud through the adjusting bracket and tighten so the brake is working now, but kinda funky. It will hold the car on a grade. Also, it wouldn't hurt to change out the entire pedal assembly too. The rivots are so sloppy that the gear will slip by the ratchet mechanism so several trys to get it to hold is required. Are these pedal assemlies offered too?
This job does NOT look easy given the location, behind the inner fender. Anyone been there done that?

------------------
Steve
67 396 race car project
67 SS 396,4-sp mothballed for resto
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350, under current resto
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Steve! You have mail.
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, with our server it could take hrs. for it to get here. We've tested it. Sent it in the morning & late that night it finally shows. Yea, I'm getting my monies worth.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does that price look to you. I have no idea what they're going for. I like the fact it's GM. Are 69 & 67 pedals the same?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Steve,

I did a little searching and found a new GM cable for your 67. GM is still producing these cables...the part number is 332631
and it costs $15.69 + $8 shipping through GMpartsdirect.com. It lists for $26.15, so your local Chevy dealer can order it for you for $26 and it'll come quicker since GMpartsdirect is located in NC. I've bought stuff from them before, and they've been very quick.

I bet that cable on Ebay is this same part...notice the recycle symbol on the box?? I don't think that would be on a NOS part box!!

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]
The Club - GM Muscle Cars of the Carolinas

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone - 350/TH-350 with shift kit, CompCams XE268H, Dynomax Jet-Hot headers, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Vintage Air

-2002 Impala LS - Medium Bronzemist Metallic, every option except engine block heater

<A HREF="http://www.furman.edu/~jtrauner" TARGET=_blank>Click here to see my Camaro and my parents' 2002 Impala LS.
</A>

[This message has been edited by jrt67ss350 (edited 05-04-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, talk about overpriced on the E-bay piece. No surprise I guess. Thanks alot for the info guy's. I'll go to taylor motors in redding & try that route. Now I'll check my E-mail & see if anythings arrived from this morning yet. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
To get the old cable end/sheath out where it goes through the floor with the expanding prongs, put a small worm-type hose clamp over the prongs and tighten it up to pull all the prongs in, and it'll come right out.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If your not going to use the old cable just use a sraight bladed screwdriver and bend the prongs back they break like glass.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good tips. Thanks. I'll go order 1 tomorrow, and I have a pedal assembly coming soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.