Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I don't want to turn this into an ebay bashing forum, but there is something fishy about item #2433571567. Sorry I don't know how to create the link. Perhaps someone can add. But this $63,000 69 Camaro big block convertible doesn't have the "X-support" bracket on the frame? Was it not required for structural support... especially for a big block? Seems to have gone to a lot of effort to leave out this critical part. Hope it does not create problems for the $60,000 buyer.

·
Registered
734 Posts
69rag327, if you want to post a link, you can simply 'press' the button "URL" on the bottom of your Message screen. (you must have the UBB code set to Enabled)

Then copy and paste the website url (http://www.???.com) into the field, and give the link a name (my previous link was called EPAY)..... it's as simple as that.

Goodluck on your next post!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
While I do not claim to know anything relating to properly identifying an origianl car, I would guess that the brace was left off to clear the exhaust system. The brace is available through the aftermarket companies (who knows, the origional may be in the trunk) The floors do appear to be origional with the added 'vert bracing which is not yet available repo. There's my $.02 LOL

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Looks nice, but I don't think it's worth that much money unless the seller has some more documentation.

Obvious things from the photos;

1) A February coded Axle in a late October of 69 car.
2) A JL coded engine with a 1970 dated heads.
3) Wrong color paint should be white.
4) No Rocker Blackout.
5) Non Matching Numbers Transmission.
6) Car never had a front spoiler (look for the front spoiler support rod hole in the front subframe center horn). No front spoiler equals no rear spoiler.
7)Aftermarket Exhaust system
8) Missing Floor Stiffener Plate
9) No X code

On the Plus side;

1)Does have power Disc Brakes
2) Does have rear Brake Balancing Valve on subframe
3) Does have a single fuel line
4) Has all the correct engine pulley numbers for an L78

If this guy wanted my 63K (like I have it) I'd expect original air in the original tires on this car for that much dough. Just my opinion.

·
11,659 Posts
Well, since this is a Oct 69 car, it should have an X code - and does! Just hard to read in the auction pics. The Xcode line looks like has a D80 next to it. Does the lack of a hole in subframe mean sub was replaced? Also master cyl is a vette one, not a Camaro.

Also, the headrests are the early straight ones, not the curved ones this late of a car should have.

That rear stamp really looks weird too. I have never seen them slant like that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Vett. M/c?
How can you tell? I see the double wirebale that looks just like this one all the time on 69's.

I'm just curious how to the difference this type
between corvettes and camaros?

·
11,659 Posts
I noticed the vette ones that look like the Camaro ones (short, squat) did not have the cast shelf to receive the machined pad for stamping. The front area of the MC just kinda ended. The replacement ones were mostly the tall skinny ones.

But I do not know for certain about the vette ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.