Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i knew hot to post a link i would.. But the car is really ruff wich he states in the description. Car includes motor, trans wich is saginaw, 10 bolt rear. Wanted to replace all sheetmetal.. and figured that would only cost half of what dynacorn wants for a new body. Migh be able to save door and fender and top cowl cover.. Said the firewall is in good shape along with subframe and rockers..if you all have a chance check it out on ebay..it white with no hood if that helps..any info would be great.. thanks Brad:D

·
Premium Member
6,761 Posts
I wouldnt buy any car without looking at it in person. I think finding a donor roof would be hard.

·
Registered
862 Posts
How good are you at welding? lol I cant recall a ever seeing a roof that far gone...couple more months and youd have a convertible :eek:
That was great I like that comment. LMAO

·
Registered
208 Posts
i know i wont buy it even at half the bid price, unless it was in my neck of the woods due to shipping cost. it looks like a lot of out of pocket money for me, because i am not a good body man, so i would have to sub alot of work out. if you can handle such a job you may break even on the project verses buying one in good shape. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Keep looking...It doesn't appear to be a pedigree car...(SS, Z28, etc.) Not worth it unless you have alot of body work experence and a garage full of replacement sheet metal...:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow you all have scared me now.. the body work is no problem at all my dad has been building these cars for years ... and i can do most of the body work my self.. and i can just buy a skin for the roof right? .. he already has the braces.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well, its probably gonna go for more than $3k (which is rediculous to me), so Id hafta look at it from a salvageable point of view, i.e. what all on it can be used...from what I see, not very much of it is usable. Itd basically be like building one from scratch. Theres not a lot of steel there, to be honest with ya, and I dont see a single panel that wont need replaced :) Of course, thats just my opinion...I could be wrong.

P.S. Yes you can buy roof panels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what i needed.. your alls opinion.. cause im pretty young.. and still green i guess you could say on the camars.. even though i own a 67 ss and learned a lot.. theres still a lot to learn.. ohh what about the guy that has his 69 for sale on this web site.. hes asking 3000 it has no front clip but the rust isnt that bad.. but he wants to keep the rear end.. what do u think???

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That's the kind of project that could really make ya hate the journey. If you're young, I'd save a little longer for something that is a smaller project that you could reap the benefits a little sooner. Just my opinion obviously...but that car is REALLY rough and like someone said...no pedigree to make it worth all the effort.

Good luck my friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.