Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install or familiar with the "demotor tubular arms" sold on eBay? Their like $250 for set vs 1250$ on high end arms. Wondering if it is a total waste of money or not?

·
13,829 Posts
Hit the search button. There has been a lot of discussion about them both pros a cons.

Biggest issue seems to be poor quality ball joints that most replace before installing. No reported cases of structural failures. Lately a bushing issue but that could have been due to improper installation or maintenance IDK

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
If these were made in the USA, it would be a selling point and would be clearly stated. If this is not the case then they are probably imports. When it comes to it, I hate this foreign-made JUNK (yes, hear that China? JUNK!). When I have the option, I'm willing to step up and buy the SAFELY-constructed American-made versions that have been properly tested and are made out of high quality materials and provide American jobs. End of story. I don't want a key suspension component failing on a 2 lane road at 60 mph with the oncoming traffic also running 60 mph. Yes I too have a tight budget, but there are some things a person shouldn't skimp on and control arms fall into that category IMHO. Either buy good ones or keep the proven OEM ones on the car.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I would suspect knock-offs and offshore items. They do have a wide coverage of items . I would have seen them at Sema if they were there.
Anything that comes in at a 1/4 of the Price of every American Made Arms are Chinese Junk. No Geometry corrections, questionable metallurgy, bad welds, toxic coatings, bad ball joints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts