Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the ebay tags and ridiculous other crap people are selling for our cars why dont we have a forum for ebay, it would be informative as well as entertaining!!! I personally like seeing all the crap people sell to get in a good laugh!!!

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
BERRY251 said:
with all the ebay tags and ridiculous other crap people are selling for our cars why dont we have a forum for ebay, it would be informative as well as entertaining!!! I personally like seeing all the crap people sell to get in a good laugh!!!
then the bench racing section will slow down...j/k.

i thought about that before, i think the idea came up before..not sure what the final verdict was..

·
Retired
26,601 Posts
Al takes everyone's suggestions underconsideration and and I know he appreciates those making them.

Just a personal observation, people don't put much effort in posting in the correct forum as it is, :D creating more forums, as much as it makes sense usually makes for more threads in the wrong forums and makes it harder to administer and keep things cleaned up for browsing and using the search feature as well...

One of the problems I see directly related to an ebay forum is even though we encourage folks to help out others that have questions about a car or part on ebay, the site doesn't like seeing sport made of ebay auctions. Having an ebay specific forum would certainly invite more of the bashing for sport threads and the moderator would be at wits end keeping it cleaned up.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Bad idea, imho.

Its one thing to bring up the funny/odd stuff thats on ebay, but too often its for "bashing" intentions. Posting an ebay ad just to point out all the flaws in the car, or to make accusations of the seller. I'm not a fan of that. Very seldom is the case that it is in reference to someone actually interested in the car and asking for thoughts/opinions.

dave

·
Registered
616 Posts
It would be interesting to understand how the members of this great site actually use it.
Do most members go directly to certain threads to evaluate personal interests?
Do others go right down the list and cull the fun facts from certain favorites?
Or (as I do) go to "Today's Posts" and see what is going on without regard to the Forum that it is in? I find all disussion interesting.....just some more than others.
The information here is tremendous ! The "Search" feature can be a used in a very specific manner if one takes the time to pick their keywords carefully. Just checking today for the best way to attach emblems to fenders that are already installed. WOW....what a wealth of knowlege.

Many thanks to the administrators and to those that share their experience.

SS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts