1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I bought the same corvette wheel last year off e-bay for 95.00. 500.00 is nuts. The repro comfort grip wheels go for 175 or so. E-bay makes part search a lot easier than it used to be but WOW on some of the prices. These are used parts and the pics don't always show all. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Put those three letters "NOS" in the description and your price doubles. Those smog prices are insane but some people really get exited when they see the smog stuff on my car.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads

·
Registered
193 Posts
That smog equipment is expensive but it also raises the value of a car.
I think the reason the parts are going up so much is because the cars them selves are going up just as much. Seems they work together.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I can buy one right now for $140 complete with hub. Every year the same guy has these at the local shows and they are NOS comfort grip wheels, just like that one. I broke one in half on my 69 Z back in 1980, it was no big deal because I bought another one cheap. You could scour the junk yards and find them at that time. Not today. Yeah I also see someone sold a date coded 68 DZ carb for $515 on ebay, I just sold mine for 305. Funny but some of the things I think will sell don't, like the 68 Z 302 fender emblems I listed. Maybe they're not as hard to come by as I thought.

[This message has been edited by SY1 (edited 03-03-2002).]

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I paid $40 for a nice steering wheel 2 years ago and thought that was too much. I wonder what the teak one off my Corvette is worth.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oger:
I paid $40 for a nice steering wheel 2 years ago and thought that was too much. I wonder what the teak one off my Corvette is worth.I got $100 for a 66 Nova 6cyl divertor valve the repos were over $200. Now you don't have to smog them in Cal so the stuff is worthless.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's ashamed that prices are so high, espeically when alot of NOS stuff are repo parts in old boxes be careful when buying the NOS stuff . In 76 I bought all new emblems and exterior chrome for my 67 ss grand total 137.00 the ss gas cap was the most expensive piece 37.00,ss emblem 4.00
396 7.50, camaro 2.50. In 82 I got a complete set of full rear quarter panels, two front fenders and rs valance panel for 600.00 some clown ordered them and then stiffed the dealer. So things have really gotten out of hand.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
It's all about supply and demand and the quality of the reproduction parts. Look at the prices for NOS 69 Camaro dashpads. I've seen them sell for $800-$950! But the repo stuff doesn't fit right and doesn't look right so guys are willing to pay for the best parts. I would prefer to get NOS parts, but I have my limits on what I'm willing to spend.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

1 - 11 of 11 Posts