·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Gary,

Please post a link to the ad for this car.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it an August (08A) of 69 built car?
You are correct, I think. The picture is so far out my eyes saw 03A. The body sequence is reset to the 100,000 series.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
He says it is an original ZL2 car But the picture shows no firewall piercing for the cowl hood . When I emailed him about this he says it is directly below the RS piercing.. to my knowledge that is not the correct location. I could be wrong so someone else chime in but my car has the ZL2 piercing to the right of the RS vacuum line piercing and just above where the engine wiring harness plugs into the firewall.

OH.. I think it is an 08A car not 03A

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
The VIN & build date may be consistent of a later built 1969 (1st week of August 1969) but as far as the trim tag if the experts here say it's a faked tag then I would believe them. Thanks to everyone here, I can now spot faked tags, re-pops or whatever one calls them alot better than I could 6, 7, or even 12 months ago. It's sad what is happening to this hobby.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Isn't this seller the one that had a 52 52 Z28 tag for sale on Ebay a short while back?

Also, just noticed that there is no firewall mark from the CI switch. It has the right lever but no mark.
My unrestored car has a definite contact mark on the firewall from the CI switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts