Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im trying to find a good spot for my ecu and psi fuse block

i have minimal room behind dash due to the dakota digital control boxes

i am thinking about putting ecu on trans tunnel and fuse block somewhere behind dash if anyone has pics i would love to see them!

·
14,272 Posts
Think carefully about access after install.

My 1st Protour build I used PSI. Put the fuse box between the console and firewall out of site. Put the ECM behind the dash. A lot of work to get it done.

Down side. Extremely difficult to access the fuse box and had to take dash 1/2 way apart to get to the ECM. Major PIA

Every car after. ECM on the firewall or passenger inner fender and fuse box in battery tray location and the battery to the trunk.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of putting ecm in engine bay but it seems the psi harness is configured for interior installation

·
14,272 Posts
Yes. It is. But room is very limited especially if you have AC.

I help a friend do a drop down hinged panel under the glove box. He had a custom dash that eliminated the glove box.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I have mounted the ECM and relays etc to the passenger side toe board and covered it with a false floor panel. PSI harnesses are tough to work with because they are not weatherproof (fuse block especially) and they are too short.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may make a nice bracket and panel bond the tabs of the bracket to the inside firewall so its accessible really dont wanna drill anymore holes lol

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
This what I did but it's a lot different parts than what you're using.

Distribution block bracket fabricated and installed on passenger side.
ECM bracket fabricated and installed on driver's side.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts