Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sending my ECU to Texas-Speed off of my 96 Camaro RS 3800 3.8L V6. I'm going to have them delete a few trouble SES codes and tune my car to optimum for my exhaust, cold air intake, and MAF sensor. Remove the speed limiter, change the shift points, and make the radiator fans kick on at 165F to comply with my new 160F thermostat, and to also make the car think its in closed loop mode at that operating temperature so I get my normal gas mileage :hurray:! Is there anything else anyone can think of that I should request from them to make my car more powerful through computer tuning. Any suggestions would be great!

thanks,

glyndon

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I'm not really sure you need to reprogram your computer for bolt ons. If you had your heads ported and installed a new cam, turbos etc I could see it, but I don't think you need to flash your computer for an intake and exhaust upgrade. However to original question, if you changed tire size and changed rearend gear ratio's I would include that as well. I think your money would be spent better on headers and a high flow cat as well as 3.42 posi rear if you car doesn't have them.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
It's worth it for the shift changes in an automatic car. Add the other mods and tuning out certain things and it's really not a bad investment. I waited about 6 months after doing longtube headers, lid and ported TB on my LS1 car. It was really lean on the stock tune. The biggest difference is the shifting of the automatic and now the A/F is almost dead on the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts