Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to add an original “oil filler tube” to an original Edelbrock 2101 intake? I was under the impression that it would be a relatively easy conversion before I bought the intake. Now that I have one & look at it, I don’t know. If I were to drill it out, it would have to be a really big drill bit. Does anyone have experience doing this? I have original valve covers. Totally stock engine, I don't want to have to change covers, breather, etc. Thanks

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Some use a big drill bit, some use a hole saw, some use an endmill.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Take it w/ a stock black paint oil filler tube to a good Machine Shop, pay the money and tell them to install it and go!

pdq67

PS., Myself, before I would do this I would hunt up a 300hp/327 cast-iron AFB intake and use it.

Unless I wanted to to run a stock Q-Jet intake.

Then I'd paint both alumunim...........

And I have the 300hp/327 AFB intake out in the garage now!!

Sucker is a GOOD one!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I put an oil filler tube in my previous perf rpm. I used a 1/8" drill bit up from the bottom, holes spaced as closely as possible all around the cast in circle. The used a small ratary cutter in a die grinder to connect the dots. Then used a dremel type drum sander to smooth the edges and make the hole the right size. Epoxied the tube in (underneath) to get a leak free seal.)

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i'd probably just figure out where the hole is supposed to be and drill a small pilot hole righti n the center of where the big hole is, and then use the proper hole saw to drill the actual hole. seems to me that would be the quickest and easiest way to cleanly void the warranty on the manifold. it might be a good idea to figure out exactly where the hole should go with the manifold bolted to the engine with any front accessories that are in the area mounted so you can see if there will be any interference problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts