Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a quick question for u guys on an edelbrock carb wich one of the two adjuster screws on the front is for fuel and wich one is for air.????

------------------
69 Camaro RS, 355ci, 71 gm heads 74cc 1.72in 1.50ex,mild cam, Preformer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit 2500 stall, 12 bolt 4.56 posi..

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
if I am correct, the two big ones both meter the air and fuel mixture... one for each primary. The screw to the far right is the idle speed adjustment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
They are both idle mixture screws- one for the left and one for the right primary. The more they are out, the more air gets in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My Carter 750 is made the same way. Hook a vacuum gauge up to one of the vacuum ports on the carb and adjust the screws so that you get the highest vacuum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
be careful adjusting the air screws!! the tapered seats under them are very thin!I have seen several of them pushed out by using to much force to seat them for start up adjustment,turn them in with your finger!

·
Registered
258 Posts
are you guys bored?
This post is 7 years old, I think he's figured it out.
And yer all wet Jason, in is lean, out is rich.
yes, very bored. Clockwise is BassAckwards in my case, I stand corrected.:yes: Although I swear this book contradicts itself somewhere's, And when I find it again......:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts