Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an 8.5 10 bolt in my '68 soon and I also purchased a leaf spring kit from Hotchkis with a 1.5inch drop in the rear. I am not sure if I want to go with an Edelbrock or a Hotchkis shock. What do you think???

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
The Hotchkis shocks are revalved Bilstein shocks. I have heard Zero complaints on these or the Konis. I have heard a few complaints on the Edelbrock shock being to stiff.
Any good performance shock is about $100 each. My car never sees the track and I have Monroe Gas-Matics that cost under $75 for all four.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
My '69 is the second Camaro I've used the Eddy IAS shocks w/Hotchkis suspension and l'm really like these shocks. 100% street car, not sure these would be hot setup for competition use.

On the highway at speed they are firm, they get real firm going into curves, but driving home over brick streets they soften up and "float". Hard to describe but the shocks valving feels like adjust to pavement conditions.

Plus you can get them in gunmetal gray to blend into the factory suspension.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am installing an 8.5 10 bolt in my '68 soon and I also purchased a leaf spring kit from Hotchkis with a 1.5inch drop in the rear. I am not sure if I want to go with an Edelbrock or a Hotchkis shock. What do you think???

The HPS 1000 shock is designed like all other Hotchkis Performance parts, Our shocks are tuned in-house with spring rates and vehicle weights in mind, and manufactured by Bilstein. The HPS 1000 shocks make a great addition to the Hotchkis TVS packages, since they are all designed to work together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts