Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking, and I was going to install an LS1, but decided to keep the motor I have and install the pro flo injection system with a mild roller cam, somewhere in the .540 lift area. Does anyone use this systme, and what do you think about it? I am actually going to install a power rack and pinion and ac also. Trying to make it more of a crusier.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I haven't run the ProFlo, but just from looking at the specs, their ECM is a joke. "No Laptop Required" means you can't tune for squat. I see they also have a new Pro-Tuner EFI that you can tune with a laptop, but its capabilities still look like something from 10 years ago. I'd probably go with a Victor EFI manifold and someone else's computer.

And if this is for your '69, I'd go with an AGR or Lee 12:1 box instead instead of a rack and pinion conversion.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I already have a manual rack and love it, but just want some tighter steering.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
The pro-flo unit is really great if you just wanna throw on a EFI. you can tune it somewhat, it has rheostats on the box to fine tune it but only a little. The neat thing is, a custom chip ground to your engines specs comes with it. I love this system. Its great. for a mildly hot street car. for anything else i recommend F.A.S.T. EFI.....jm.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.