Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Several people on this site use Edelbrock carbs and love them. They say the Edelbrock has a better tune out of the box and has better drivability. I use a Holley, so I don't know the specifics.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/5/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very good carbs, they're based on the original Carter carbs. You could get into a Chevy vs. Ford type of argument if you compare Edelbrock to a Holley, but in general: Edelbrock may have slightly better street manners, less thirsty, less messy to change jets etc. Holley may have the edge on high performance though, more thirsty, takes a little bit of tuning to get it set up, but a powerhouse when finished. Peak HP won't be vastly different between the two, but the nod may go to the Holley.

Edelbrock intakes- They're GGRRReeat. Select your application and grab the appropriate intake. Performer RPM is perfect for 80% of the applications out there.

As for the cams, leave Edelbrock behind and get a better one from Comp Cams or Crane. The Edelbrock cams are made to span a huge range of applications, which is NOT ideal for what you might use it for. The cam suppliers will be able to steer you to a better choice, and at a better price. The power package is a nice concept for a one-stop-shop, but you can do much better on the cam selection. Hope this helps.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought an Edelbrock carb about 6 weeks ago and it ran great right out of the box. Edelbrock is also publishing new advertisements comparing their carb to a Holley 3310 and they "advertise" more HP and Torque.

The Edelbrock system is a great way to go to get dyno proven parts combinations. I have the whole package (heads, intake, carb, fuel pump, etc) except for the cam. I bought an Elgin cam with the exact same specs for a lot less money because I was told that Edelbrock Cams were manufactured at the same factory with the same equipment as Elgins. Elgins go in one box, Edelbrocks in another and they have a huge price difference.

Mike Steinkamp

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have tried both, and for me it's the Edelbrock. I had three different Holleys on two different cars within a year. Each acted the same. I had flooding problems with all three. I finally decided to try an Edelbrock, and it hasn't flooded once. I love it. As far as performance, I'm not sure which I would pick. If you're good with carbs(and I'm not) a Holley might have more potential.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts