Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am Not looking to Bash or Put down, Any EFI System.
I'm Sure Most of us are Looking, In My Case, A 1 And Done Install !

For my 69 427 Build, I Started with a Quick Fuel Technology Carb, and My Cam only gave me like 4 - 5' Vacuum. Hard to Start and Ran Super Rich.
I Take it to a Local High Performance Shop (about 5 Years ago), and Get Sold on EFI, I Go with that, The Holley Sniper was Not Working out and Their "Tech Support" was a Little Lame, So they Installed the FiTech Unit.
Ran Great, Starts Right Up, All the Good Stuff, MPG goes up, Good Response !

So since Last Fall, It has Not been Starting as Good, Stalling, So I make an Appointment to have the Shop, Bring it back to the Baseline.
When I pick it up, He tells me the Computer Board/ Controller in the All one Units are Being affected by the Heat, and Degrading, Some Quicker than Others.

He Said the Systems with the Remote Computers are a better Unit and was Surprised My FiTech was still working as well, Although, He said He could See Some of my System was Going Away.

My Son and I Built our Car, I Only had like 3 or 4 things done out of our Garage, this is one of them.

Long Story Short - Is Anyone Else Having Trouble with their Self Contained EFI Systems like the FiTech/ Holly Sniper Units and is the Holly Terminator The way to Go ?
Thanks
Timmy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Holley Terminator is the way to go. Everyone has known for years and years that internal ECUs are not a good idea and it's a gamble. You will get split responses from people saying theirs is fine and others will have had trouble. If your shop did not tell you that upfront when recommending which EFI system to go with, run away and find a better shop.

I went with the Terminator Stealth from my AED 4150 and never looked back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm having good luck with the Edelbrock ProFlo 4, it has remote mount ecu. The Holley offers a lot more tuning ability, bells and whistles. But the Eddy is a true multiport system and comes with it's own ecu controlled distributor. You're on the right track to go with a remote ecu.

·
Registered
193 Posts
But the Eddy is a true multiport system and comes with it's own ecu controlled distributor.
That's sweet, I had to buy my Holley dual-sync dizzy separate.

I also added the Holley 6EFI box and ignition coil too to complete the system.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I'll be watching this thread, curious what you guys are doing.
I have considered the possibility of going EFI in mine also, but I can't use a standard intake and also need it to support over 600 horse. That seems like the cut off from simple to complicated. I may need to go fuel rails.
I have EFI experience but not with the retrofit stuff, that's why I'll be watching! (y)

·
Registered
193 Posts
With higher fuel pressure and pushing the duty cycle higher on the Terminator Stealth injectors, it can support 700HP - that's per Holley tech support when I asked 3 months ago.

For supporting more than that, they have larger injectors you can swap in.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Holley Terminator with the HP ECU will let you use the TB now and you can convert to MPFI at a later date if you want to. My terminator setup is working really good.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Holley Terminator. Way more expandable and the ECU is separate from the TB. Heat kills electronics.
My buddy tossed his FiTech in the trash and replaced with a Terminator. Heat killed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts