Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying t research a nice location to bring the wiring into the drivers compartment in my 69/z28 for a tbi setup. Most of the
instruction manuals say a 2 inch is needed. I would like to keep the engine compartment as stock looking as possible. I didn't really see any pictures on this site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm trying t research a nice location to bring the wiring into the drivers compartment in my 69/z28 for a tbi setup. Most of the
instruction manuals say a 2 inch is needed. I would like to keep the engine compartment as stock looking as possible. I didn't really see any pictures on this site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is where I put mine on my LS swap. It is totally hidden from view.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to cut a 2 inch hole in my car, so I mounted the ECU inside the right fender next to the battery, and routed all the wires to the ECU between the right fender and the inner fender well. There's a nice open space there, and you really have to look for the ECU to see it. I ran the cable from the ECU to the display unit through the radio antenna hole.

·
13,850 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to cut a 2 inch hole in my car, so I mounted the ECU inside the right fender next to the battery, and routed all the wires to the ECU between the right fender and the inner fender well. There's a nice open space there, and you really have to look for the ECU to see it. I ran the cable from the ECU to the display unit through the radio antenna hole.
Good solution.

On my 1st LS7 Protour car I mounted the ECU inside under the dash. Never again a Big PIA if and when you ever have to get to it.

Now I only put them in the engine bay. Usually right fender well and wires run thru inner fender.

My last Protour LS3 car with smooth firewall I mounted it on the firewall with a Dirty Dingo ECU mount.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I use a nice flat spot just inside the trans tunnel on pass side. Totally out of sight, and just big enough to drill the required hole size. I mount the ecm either above the glove box liner or on the trans tunnel hump up against the inside of the firewall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're running and auto trans, I found the clutch rod hole located below the master cylinder makes for a great place for the harness. It's well hidden by the MC and the EX 2.0 grommet snaps into it like it was made for it. Just remove the block off plate by removing the two small screws and you're golden! There is plenty of room outboard of the MC to stow any excess cabling. The EZ ECU can be attached to the lower lip of the dash, left of the steering wheel. Even though the unit is tolerant of underhood temperatures, I really like the fact that it lives in an air conditioned environment. Another major benefit IMO is that the unit is shielded from secondary ignition voltage by the grounded firewall. While I have no data to prove that it helps, and they may be caused by other wiring errors, I've never had any IRC counts with my installation, which is now going on two years.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I have a stick shift my speedometer cable is up higher on the firewall so I was able to use the hole just below the fuse block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts