Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best location to run the 12v needed to run my Spal fan setup? Right now i have it connected to the battery no problems but i have read about run this off the horn relay. If It is ran off the horn relay are the stock wires in the wiring harness going to work or should they be up graded?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
IMO, you should run a separate circuit, with its own relay and fused 12v power. The following set up, posted a few days ago by a TC member, is a bit complicated for some, but it's also the best I've seen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it matter if I connect to battery at the + post or the horn relay or the + side of the starter ? Thanks for the diagram I have everything else as shown.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Not much of a difference, if the fan doesn't draw too much amps, as to open the main fuse link. If it draws too much amps, then it's better to connect the 12 v power from the battery +, this with its appropriate fuse link or fuse, to protect the circuit.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I would run it off the horn relay, that's as direct from the alternator as it gets.

If you have factory type guages, connecting anything to the battery will throw off your ammeter reading, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts