Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
Anyone know where I can get the tool that removes wires from a wiring harness?? I'm going to be installing gauges soon and I know that you need to remove wires from the fuse box and instrument cluster wiring harness and there is a special tool to do that but I just can't find one. Checked Sears, Radio Shack, J C Whitney and did an internet search and came up empty. If anyone knows where I can get one, I'd appreciate it!!

Dan
'68 Convertible

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
The tab style connectors can be removed with a small brad or pin. There is a small tab on the back side of the connector that engages with the connector shell. Use the pin to push the tab back and the connector will slide out. The pin will go in from the front side and the connector will pull out the rear. If you look closely at the connector body, you should see the grove that the tab fits into and you can slip you pin into.

As for some of the others like the instrument cluster, steering wheel rear body connector, and console, I haven't looked those over well enough to know how to remove them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts