Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the turn signal switch in my 67 camaro to fix my brake lights, because when I put on my turn signal on my passenger side brake light would not work. So I put in the new switch all the lights worked fine when I tested it. I continued to put the steering wheel back on and in the time I did that and tested the lights, the turn signals did not work! Then the brake lights stopped working! I'm getting juice to the hazard light switch(brown wire), but not getting anything out of the harness(purple wire).Any suggestions what the problem may be. Maybe a possible short?Thanks.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Check that when you put the column back up that the wire connector is together and tight (also that all wires are pushed in tight to the connector). Sometimes when moving the wires you will find that they are loose in the connector and will almost come out. The connector would be a good starting point. Then turn the ignition on, and then turn on either the right or left blinker and then wiggle each wire separately to see if the blinkers will work if the connector wasn't at fault. If the blinker starts when wiggling the wires, then there is a broken wire that needs attention.

·
Registered
777 Posts
did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check that when you put the column back up that the wire connector is together and tight (also that all wires are pushed in tight to the connector). Sometimes when moving the wires you will find that they are loose in the connector and will almost come out. The connector would be a good starting point. Then turn the ignition on, and then turn on either the right or left blinker and then wiggle each wire separately to see if the blinkers will work if the connector wasn't at fault. If the blinker starts when wiggling the wires, then there is a broken wire that needs attention.
I will give that a shot, any other suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts