Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
pertronics.

use a full 12 volts to a 1.5 ohm coil.....the pertronics coil is reccomended....

this will retain the stock look....

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
pertronics.

use a full 12 volts to a 1.5 ohm coil.....the pertronics coil is reccomended....

this will retain the stock look....

How did you accomplish getting the full 12 volts to the coil? I have an Ignitor II sitting on the shelf and could grab the Flamethrower coil to change my points over but I just need an idea on how to override the resistor wire.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
How did you accomplish getting the full 12 volts to the coil? I have an Ignitor II sitting on the shelf and could grab the Flamethrower coil to change my points over but I just need an idea on how to override the resistor wire.
On my 67 I ran a wire from the ING. fused tab in the fuse box.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
take the resistor wire out of the firewall plug and solder a normal wire in its place
you will have to remove the individual pin from the connector (can be difficult but do able) then get the resistor wire out of the crimped on pin (or get a new one) solder in a new wire (i think i used 14 gauge) reassemble and go

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I was just giving another alternative to what 67 plum suggested, both work the same

If you need full 12 volts to the pickup (or whatever you would call the electronic pickup-Pertronix piece) or coil you would use either what 67 plum or I did on our cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts