Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 73 camaro, and I want to install a fan setup out of a 4th gen camaro

(I understand that these electric fan setups are a close match to the stock shroud on the second gen camaros. )

I am trying to find a place where I can buy the parts, none of the junkyards around here have any 4th gen cars that they admit to having.

Should I be looking for the one out of the Z28 or TA?

Any ideas on where I could get these parts? And any installation experiences/tips?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

------------------
73 Camaro LT 350/355

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,477 Posts
I put the 98 T/A set-up on a 72 Camaro. You don't use the stock shroud though; the T/A or Z28 dual fans come with their own shroud that only requires minor trimming and a couple of holes drilled to mount like the stock shroud. This set-up cooled better than any other set-up I tried on the car including the factory clutch fan and shroud.

I bought mine from the local auto wrecker.

Here's a pic of the install.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1535951&a=11636413&p=42527742&Sequence=0

Jody

[This message has been edited by Camcojb (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That looks really good on your car. I've been looking for something that will look like it belongs on the car. Any Ideas if that setup will work on a 69z28 with the 21/3 core radiator?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,477 Posts
I had the same set-up on my 69. Their housing is about 24" wide I believe so if you have a 23" wide core it overlaps a 1/2" or so on the sides which was fine for me. It required more trimming as I had a big block and it would only fit in one certain place and clear the alt and power steering; a small block should have a lot more room.

I'm currently using the Be Cool set-up which works very well.

Jody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts