Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 73 camaro, and I want to install a fan setup out of a 4th gen camaro

(I understand that these electric fan setups are a close match to the stock shroud on the second gen camaros. )

I am trying to find a place where I can buy the parts, none of the junkyards around here have any 4th gen cars that they admit to having.

Should I be looking for the one out of the Z28 or TA?

Any ideas on where I could get these parts? And any installation experiences/tips?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

------------------
73 Camaro LT 350/355

·
Gold Lifetime Member
9,118 Posts
I put the 98 T/A set-up on a 72 Camaro. You don't use the stock shroud though; the T/A or Z28 dual fans come with their own shroud that only requires minor trimming and a couple of holes drilled to mount like the stock shroud. This set-up cooled better than any other set-up I tried on the car including the factory clutch fan and shroud.

I bought mine from the local auto wrecker.

Here's a pic of the install.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1535951&a=11636413&p=42527742&Sequence=0

Jody

[This message has been edited by Camcojb (edited 10-15-2001).]

·
Gold Lifetime Member
9,118 Posts
I had the same set-up on my 69. Their housing is about 24" wide I believe so if you have a 23" wide core it overlaps a 1/2" or so on the sides which was fine for me. It required more trimming as I had a big block and it would only fit in one certain place and clear the alt and power steering; a small block should have a lot more room.

I'm currently using the Be Cool set-up which works very well.

Jody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.