Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I make a new post I get the option for a email message when a reply is made to the post.

How come I don't get that option when I reply to another thread started by another member?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link and info.

The upgrade will be nice.

How do you guys keep track of things right now without this feature?

·
Retired
26,602 Posts
Originally posted by 69MyWay:
How do you guys keep track of things right now without this feature?
This question reminds me of the time at Mickey D's when the cash registers were not working, the mgr opened the cash drawers but the counter help didn't know how to take an order... ;) just kidding with you, for some the feature will be a nice improvement.

Personally I don't like the mail box full of notices when there are replies and don't use the current feature. If it's a topic I've replied too I take mental note of the originators screen name and topic title and when surfing through the forums and see the flags showing the topic has been posted to I check back. If it's a thread I'm just watching and haven't replied to I may put a short cut to it on my desktop.

We've had site problems in the past where users e-mail addresses were not kept updated and the system generated extra traffic trying to resend to the bad address. Since Al is considering an upgrade that allows the feature he must have found a way around the bad addresses...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit I participate in many forums and even moderate at www.digitalcorvettes.com

Due to all the areas I surf it is hard for me to keep up with topics (bouncing from Camaros to Corvettes).

I guess I am a bit lazy as well. I really like the email notification feature. I hope it can be integrated here soon.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
I have a test forum setup using the new software and the email reply seems to work fine and is available when you reply to a post. There are some other new features as well.
Now, we just need to find the hours to do the upgrade as it's going to take quite awhile to rebuild all the topics. The forum will be offline when this happens. Not sure of the date though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts