Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my emergncy brake assembly in my 69 Camaro today. There is a small white spring loaded switch where the wire plugs in . I assumed when you set the brake, the pedal would contact this and push it in to turm on the idot light in the dash, Trouble is nothing hits the switch to push it in. Do I have this switch on upside down ? The switch wire connection almost hits the fusebox when I push the switch in by hand. A picture would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Here's the part Tony is talking about.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Nice picture. My bracket is missing.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
madmax, do you or anyone have any idea where I can get that piece? Mine is also missing and it is so annoying having the light on all the time. I could take it out, but the if something were to go wrong with the system, I would be alerted. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
You might want to do a search here because I believe some of the guys were making there own. Don't see many on ebay but I would think a junk yard would be a good choice. Probably any early Chevy or Pontiac would work.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Madmax, thanks for posting this pic :thumbsup: I took mine apart about a year ago, and couldn't figure out how it went back together. :hurray: Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Madmax, thanks for posting this pic :thumbsup: I took mine apart about a year ago, and couldn't figure out how it went back together. :hurray: Kevin
Glad you could use it!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
out of the grave (old post)

does anyone know where to get one of these metal pieces to "trigger" the switch...I just broke mine being and idiot

Rick

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
answered my own question..
called a switch paddle clip can find it at a few places if you google it

also I have a decent picture of it before I removed the pedal from the car

Rick

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up getting mine at Heartbeat City.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the actual switch part? when I press the switch manually with my fingers, the light on my dash only slightly dims when it should go out. Mine only has one tan wire plugged into the bottom.even if I unplug the wire from the bottom of the switch, the light on my dash stay lit..... somthing isn't right.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the actual switch part? when I press the switch manually with my fingers, the light on my dash only slightly dims when it should go out. Mine only has one tan wire plugged into the bottom.even if I unplug the wire from the bottom of the switch, the light on my dash stay lit..... somthing isn't right.

Classic Industries, P/N 14653, $17.99. It sounds like your sw is dirty or you have a bad ground as the sw takes the signal to gnd.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Brake light is activated by switch in block under master also. If both are disconnected then the tan wire is shorted to ground somewhere. If it goes out when the block wire is disconnected then there is an imbalance in the braking system and brakes need to be bled.

Jeff

·
Registered
138 Posts
I disconnected this wire from the master and now the emergency brake light works just fine.... I have never worked on the brakes before so I have no idea how to bleed them, but when I purchased the car back in April, I had the brakes serviced, bled and adjusted. (The light was on then too and after the adjustments, it remained lit.) Any thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any trick to getting the rod off the pedal so you can put the paddle in. I never took one apart but am about to. There seems to be a holder for the cable (spring like) and I rather not break anything. I assume the rod has to come off to slip the paddle in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts