Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passengers side is working but cant seem to get the drivers side to work.
Looks like I might have either the wrong cable or have it mounted wrong.
Any suggestions.When brake is applied the cable works but doesnt pull the cable but takes the "slack" out of loop.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Therev are 2 different length rear 'loop' cables from memory 1 is 89" and the other 91" ????
If you have the wrong loop cable (too long) and run out of adjustment , changing the length of the hook that comes off the trans cross member, or even using the other hole works if the cables have not stretched with age.

I have worked on /replaced cables for rear drums but not for discs, so experiance in this area is limited...I assume the cable mechanisms from pedal to end of the cables is the same

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
I have them as part of a kit from Rightstuff using the two right hand calipers. I ran my supplied ebrake cable under the axle housing and up over the rear spring perch, then into the caliper. I used the orginal brake like hold down to help cradle the cable. I started to run the cable thru the spring perch box like you did but felt there would be to much pressure on the housing at that sharp corner. My cable was long enough to make a nice loop .
You did not say what rear calipers you were using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts