Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was talking to someone today in the shop who was saying that the state of utah was considering upping the emitions inspections from 1967 cars to 1969 cars. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
nope, and I'm in the worst state to be in. Haven't heard that one. However, I have heard the rumors of states taking away smog exempt status. Don't know if true.....

------------------
67 Coupe 327 - Trim tag revealed that it was one of the first 1,000 Camaros off Van Nuys in 67 after I bought it!
Edelbrock performer package, ported 305 heads w/ 1.94/1.5 valves, screw in studs, summit 1.5 roller rockers, TH350, 10 bolt Pertronix ignition, Hotchkis suspension & sway bar, KYB's, Dynomax headers and exhaust, K&N, Cowl hood

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
There's nothing worse that getting stuck behind a public bus in traffic. Everytime it starts moving it belches black clouds of smoke that get sucked right into your car's interior. Yuck!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
musclemasterflex,

As of a couple years ago, '68 and older only need safety inspection in the SL valley. 1969 and newer need the full boat emmisions and safety.

Anything outside weber-davis-salt lake-utah county area don't require emmissions inspection at all, only safety.

I have heard rumors about them moving the cutoff year for emissions to 1973, but haven't seen anything official.

------------------
69 Z/28 X77, Fathom Green, 34,000 Original Miles - Photos
69 SS 350, Lemans Blue, 350/300, TH350, 5 X 34,000 original miles :)
(bought it when I was 15)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts